- Click here to register for this month’s free HR Webinar.
- Download additional HR training topics in our complete Training Catalog here.
- Access Health Care Reform Training Information: “ACA Business Information Center“.
On-Demand Webinar Archive
Access a selection of previously recorded webinars below:
- Is it Time to Outsource Your Human Resources?
- Great Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution*
- Managing Difficult Employees*
- Heat Illness Prevention
- How to Prevent Unionization*
- How to Improve Communication*
- The Coaching Process*
- Effective Orientations*
- 2014 California Employment Law Updates
- Health Care Reform Updates
(Webinars indicated with an asterisk (*) qualify for 1 hour of general HR recertification credits upon completion of the webinar)
For decades, small employers have grappled with the tug-of-war of two opposing forces, both crucial to their survival:
1. Investing valuable personnel and resources on developing a stable, profitable business, and;
2. Utilizing precious time and energy managing thousands of labor laws and employment regulations.
From Obamacare and Workers’ Compensation, to harassment, discrimination and fair-pay regulations, the volume of employment-related laws has skyrocketed in the past 20 years. Small employers with little or no spare resources to focus on these matters are understandably overwhelmed.
Human resources outsourcing is one of fastest growing sectors of the outsourcing industry. Through the crash of ’08 and ’09, and continuing through the sluggish economy, employers – by the thousands – are turning to Human Resources Outsourcing companies to help reduce employment risks, slash HR overhead and improve productivity.
This 60 minute webinar will discuss the challenges facing employers in today’s economy, and how outsourcing various human resource functions can significantly help alleviate those challenges.
As we approach the holidays, retailers and service providers are gearing up for a profitable sales-season. But are they putting in as much time into training their staff as they are in stocking inventory and designing clever marketing ads? For every unhappy customer who complains, there are 26 others who say nothing and simply take their business elsewhere. The importance of superior customer goes without saying, but how does a manager, a supervisor, a business owner impress this upon the team?
In this complimentary webinar we:
Discuss the ABCs of great customer service;
Review the tools to help your team become great problem-solvers;
Take a look at the steps that each customer service rep – and each employee – should understand and put to work.
Conflict at work is an inevitable truth. At times, it may be healthy and creative. However, more often than not, conflict is disruptive and blocks the ability of individuals and teams to work together. A key management skill is knowing how to prevent excess friction between employees, and how to diffuse conflicts when they occur.
In this 60 minute, complimentary webinar we will:
- Identify the critical skills necessary to effectively resolve conflict,
- Review the various types of solution techniques
- Specifically discuss the best and worst management approaches
Managing Difficult Employees
Though most teams work harmoniously together, there are times when a “bad apple” or a difficult individual surfaces. This can create a ripple effect throughout the team or department and lead to negative repercussions.
Difficult employees require the immediate attention on the part of leadership to correct their negative performance or behavior.
This 60 minute, complimentary webinar will discuss:
- The types of difficult employees management might encounter
- How to approach difficult employees
- The methodology to develop a plan to correct negative behavior
- How to prevent these issues from occurring in the first place!
“Heat Illness” is any serious medical condition that results from the body not being able to cope with a particular heat load. It includes heat cramps, heat exhaustion, heat syncope and heat stroke. In the summer months, when many employees work outdoors for extended periods of time, heat illness is a very common – but preventable – work-related injury.
In this 6o minute webinar we will cover:
- Understanding the definition of heat illness
- The requirements of the Cal/OSHA Heat Illness Prevention Standard (Title 8 §3395)
- How to recognize heat illness causes and symptoms
- Heat illness risks in indoor and outdoor work environments as well as personal risk factors
- Steps that can be taken to prevent heat illness
Unions and unionization are terms that send ripples of fear through management. Unions are big business and as is true with all big businesses, there is always a push to increase the market share.
This webinar will address the common reasons employees seek out unions and the simple steps that management can take to engage the employees and prevent the unionization of the business.
Communication is the cornerstone upon which all relationships, all business, and all exchange of information depends. Unfortunately, this vital and necessary tool is often poorly used, creating misunderstandings rather than improving understanding. Communicating in a clear and understandable manner will have a positive and far-reaching impact on your business.
This webinar addresses the best type of communication to employ and how to avoid the pitfalls that may occur through poor communication skills.
The success of every company depends on the knowledge, skills and stability of its staff. From supervisory levels to entry level employees, at one time or another, all employees need additional guidance, support and training. The process of coaching is a time-tested method of staff development that has long-term, positive results when understood and properly utilized.
This webinar covers:
- An overview of the Coaching Process
- Discuss the differences between training, coaching and mentoring
- Outline the skills necessary for an individual to be an effective coach
- The value of coaching.
While orientations do provide an opportunity for the necessary paperwork to be completed for newly hired staff, the true value of an orientation goes far beyond paper processing. It is the first formal opportunity for an employee to perceive and adjust to an organization. Orientation should make new employees feel welcome and provide them with the information they need to begin their new jobs safely and productively. So it is essential that you know how to make the most of the orientation process and get your new employees off to a good start.
In this webinar we discuss how to:
- Understand the purpose of an orientation process
- Determine the parties involved
- Define what should be included
- Introduce the steps of an effective orientation
California Employment Law: 2014 Updates
2014 brings new laws and requirements for employers. It is important for California employers to understand how to comply with these new requirements. In order to help protect employers against liability, this employment seminar outlines the new and changing laws of which California employers need to be aware, and provides tips for handling these new requirements.
Topics covered include wage and hour, employee classifications, social media, current case developments and new issues on the horizon.
Please note: this webinar DOES NOT offer any HRCI recertification credits.
2014 Health Care Reform Updates
With changes to this complicated law coming out of Washington almost weekly, it is no wonder that employers, both large and small, are confused! Join us as we present the major 2014 provisions of the law in clear, easy-to-understand language. This webinar covers what has changed, what has not, and what you, as an employer, need to know.
Please note: this webinar DOES NOT offer any HRCI recertification credits.