Many of us want to make a change in our lives. We want a better love life, a better family life, a better career, a better body etc. But the whole problem is that we’re full of negativity when it comes to these areas of our lives. Instead of thinking positively and inviting those things into our lives, we think negatively and invite the opposite. To get rid of this mindset, we can use affirmations.
General and Specific Affirmations
An affirmation is a positive statement that we repeat to ourselves verbally or in writing. The affirmations we use can be general, such as “I am a joyful and happy person” or they can be about something in particular that you want to change, such as “I love each and every part of my body, including….(include the parts of your body that you don’t feel that good about).” The affirmation you use depends on what you’re trying to accomplish in your life.
- At work, you can use a general affirmation such as “I am a reliable/dependable/creative employee and people at work appreciate and recognize me.”
- If you’re looking for a new job, try, “There are many amazing companies that want to hire me.”
- If you’re looking for a job in a different field or a dream job, try, “I am worthy of having the job of my dreams.”
- If you just to find a job, try “Finding a job will allow me to move forward in my life.”
- When you’re starting a new job, you could go with, “My new job is interesting and exciting.”
- To build confidence, try “I am confident in my skills and abilities.”
How to Use Affirmations
The list of affirmations can go on and on. However, just knowing these affirmations is not enough. You also have to use them frequently. Whenever you’re taking a break from work, repeat these affirmations to yourself, either in your mind or in writing. Keep a file on your computer where you write these affirmations down or keep them in a notebook in your handbag. This way, you’ll have access to them wherever you go.