The Affordable Care Act (aka ACA, Obamacare or Health Care Reform)
Welcome to our Health Care Reform information center!
Now, with over 50,000 pages and hundreds of provisions, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as Health Care Reform, or Obamacare) is one of the most complex pieces of legislation ever signed into law.
Access our On-Demand Training Library here or click a link below to learn how the Affordable Care Act will affect your business.
Health Care Reform News & Updates
- The Early-Bird Got the ACA Renewal Benefits Worm – February 2014
- Employer Mandate Delayed, Again – February 2014
- 2014 ACA Updates On-Demand Webinar – January 2014
- State Exchange Plan Options Under the Affordable Care Act – January 2014
- COVERED CALIFORNIA: Understanding California’s State Health Exchange – December, 2013
- California Health Care Mandate: Max 60-Day Waiting Period for Group Plans – November, 2013
- 8 Questions & Answers about California’s Health Care Exchange – October, 2013
- Health Care Reform Marketplace (Exchange) Notifications Due on 10/1 – Sept, 2013
- Permanent Link to Health Care Reform Update: IRS Provides Relief from Individual Mandate Penalties for Certain Employees – Sept, 2013
- Looking Towards 2014: What Employers Need to Know – August, 2013
- Treasury Formally Announces Delayed ACA Provisions – July, 2013
- “Employer Mandate” Delayed Until 2015. – July, 2013
- Government to Intensify Crackdown on Worker Misclassification Under Health Care Reform – June, 2013
- Will Offering “Bare-Bones” Plans Shield Large Employers from Health Care Reform Penalties? – June, 2013
Below are major provisions of the Law impacting employers, effective 2013 – 2018.
FSA contributions limited to $2,500
Employer notice to employees of exchanges
Medicare payroll tax increase from 1.45% to 2.25%, employee only
Individual mandate becomes effective
Individual penalties for not purchasing coverage applies
Waiting period not more than 90 days
State Health Exchanges become operative
Cadillac Tax; 40% tax on plans value in excess of $10,200 for single coverage
For assistance in establishing a compliant health care plan for your employees, or to review your current benefit program, please contact a CPEhr at 800-850-7133.